I have spreadsheets tracking the pieces and how much glass I have left to work with, checklists, display stands and frames en route to my house and platform pieces waiting to be assembled to raise up my shelves.
Here is the planned vision for my booth:
Now I am trying to figure out which pieces go on which shelving units, and how to group the framed pieces on the walls. Last year we were winging it, and I think it took much longer than necessary. This year I'd like to have a plan so that everything looks organized and polished.
The other lesson from last year that I've been able to make use of so far is to queue up my fusing work differently. In order to make sure that I can stay caught up at my engineering job as well as in my fusing I have planned differently. I try to get a weeks worth of pieces cut and queued up during the weekend so that it's just 15-30 minutes a night during the week. Just enough time to pull the last batch out, clean out the kiln and put the next batch in.
I'm also trying to take advantage of bulk cutting. When I cut a piece and have less than 1/2 a sheet left over (a sheet is roughly 20"x30") I look at that sheet and the standard sizes that I use for bases. I cut that sheet as efficiently as possible to create those bases and stack them out of the way. That way, when I go to create the queue for the week a lot of the bases are already cut.
In the photo above, the pieces on the far left standing on end are the bases that are waiting to be matched and used, the front center are pieces that are fused and waiting for slumping during the week, the back center are cut and waiting to be fused and the far right are pieces that need to be cut and put on the bases.
See, an old dog can learn new tricks.